Spring has officially sprung here in the Northern Hemisphere and many people are thinking about their summer trips or vacations. We don’t usually travel much during June, July, or August because it is just TOO hot and too many people. However, I also know a lot of people do so I wanted to share this amazing New England tour that I would actually love to take myself. It seems like a slower pace which is also great for those of us in the 55+ group. This 8-day tour takes you to some of the most breathtaking parts of Vermont, the Maine Coast, and Massachusetts. It sounds like a blast. Here are all the details.
On this New England tour by EF Go Ahead Tours, you will get to discover New England’s scenic landscapes, quaint towns, and iconic cities as you make your way from the mountains to the coast. Taste iconic treats in Vermont, like Ben & Jerry’s ice cream before riding to the top of Mount Washington in New Hampshire’s White Mountains. Then, cross into Maine to explore its beautiful coastline. Your journey wraps up in Massachusetts, home to some of the most historic cities in the country. Of the three states, I have only been to the Boston area and saw their Public Gardens and a few other things while working in the area, but I haven’t really explored the area.
Tour Package Includes:
- 7 nights in handpicked hotels
- 7 breakfasts
- 2 dinners with beer or wine
- 1 food tasting
- 6 sightseeing tours
- Expert Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motor coach
- Trapp Family Lodge
- Burlington harbor cruise
- Ben & Jerry’s factory tour
- Lake Champlain cruise
- Mount Washington Cog Railway
- Boston’s Freedom Trail
Burlington, Vermont (2 nights)
Day 1: Arrival in Burlington
Welcome to Vermont! Make your way to your hotel to get settled in.
Day 2: Sightseeing tour of Vermont
Included meals: Breakfast, Welcome dinner
An all-day tour introduces you to Vermont’s delicious local fare and small towns.
- Stop in Stowe to enjoy a guided tour of the Trapp Family Lodge with a member of the Von Trapp family
- Walk the streets of charming downtown Stowe
- Enjoy a walk led by your Tour Director through the quaint town of Burlington before setting off on a cruise of Lake Champlain
Join your group for a welcome dinner this evening.
North Conway, New Hampshire (2 nights)
Day 3: North Conway via the White Mountains
Included meals: Breakfast, Tasting
Travel east to New Hampshire, taking in breathtaking scenery as you go.
- Before leaving Vermont, tour the Ben & Jerry’s Factory and enjoy samples of ice cream in Waterbury
- Pass through the White Mountains, stopping at the Franconia Notch and the Old Man of the Mountain Memorial Park along the way
- Drive through the landscapes of the state’s most famous scenic byway, the Kancamagus Highway
Then, continue on to North Conway.
Please note: The Ben & Jerry’s factory tour is not guaranteed as it is is still currently closed due to restrictions.
Day 4: Mount Washington & White Mountain Trail drive
Included meal: Breakfast
Make your way to Mount Washington, located in the scenic White Mountains.
- Board the Mount Washington Cog Railway for a beautiful ride to the region’s highest summit
- Take in the incredible vistas that the region is known for, like Owl’s Head, Bretton Woods, and the historic “notches”
Maine Coast (1 night)
Day 5: Maine Coast via Portland & Kennebunkport
Included meal: Breakfast
Transfer to the coast of Maine by way of the state’s picturesque Lakes District.
- Stop in Portland and join your Tour Director on a tour of the city
- Pass the Portland Observatory and Fort Allen Park
- Visit the Old Port neighborhood, filled with independent bookshops and quaint local boutiques
- Travel to Kennebunkport and pass by Walker’s Point Estate, the Bush family’s summer home
Continue on to the Maine Coast and enjoy a free evening or add an excursion.
Boston, Massachusetts (2 nights)
Day 6: Boston via Salem
Included meal: Breakfast
Stop in Salem, the Witch City, to visit the famed House of Seven Gables. Later, arrive in Boston for a guided tour of one of the oldest cities in America.
- Sweep through 250 years of American history on the Freedom Trail
- Pass by Boston Common, Paul Revere’s House and the Old North Church
- View Faneuil Hall, the Old State House, and King’s Chapel
- Visit the Bunker Hill Monument and view the USS Constitution located in Charlestown Navy Yard
- End your tour in Harvard Square, where you’ll have free time to wander through the university’s campus
Day 7: Free day in Boston
Included meals: Breakfast, Farewell dinner
Enjoy a free day in Boston or add an excursion.
Later this evening, celebrate your trip at a farewell dinner with your group.
Day 8: Departure
Included meal: Breakfast (excluding early morning departures)
Transfer to the airport for your flight home or extend your stay in Boston.
Go Ahead Tours is currently taking New England tour reservations for June, July, and August. Here is a link to their website with more information about this specific tour, as well as many others they lead. They can accommodate groups of 15-24 and have all different price ranges, dates, etc. Have you ever been on one of their tours, specifically the New England tour? If so, please share your experience. I would love to hear more about your experience(s).
LIKE WHAT YOU ARE READING?
I would love to send you my free travel itinerary cheat sheets and emails when I post new articles! I usually post 2 times a week. Sign up now, receive your free travel sheets, and don’t miss an article. Thanks, Samantha
This post was created using WordPress. Create your own site for FREE!